Credit to my sister, Sara, for introducing me to this easy, versatile salad that is packed with flavor. The key part of this recipe is the dressing, so simple but give it a try! I pretty much always have these ingredients on hand so it’s an easy throw together dinner when I don’t feel like being creative and it is filling! Remember, keeping it simple will make it easier to stick to the plan.
Mexican Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing
Makes 1 serving
- Lettuce (I like Spring Mix or Romaine with Spinach) 1 or 2 green
- Black beans – 1 yellow
- Chopped veggies (red peppers, tomatoes, onions) 1 green
- MEAT VERSION: Add 1 red container of ground beef made with fix approved taco seasoning
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 avocado, diced (add 1 blue container)
- 1 serving Creamy Salsa Dressing
- I tossed the dressing with the lettuce so that the dressing was in every bite. The dressing is flavorful and just the right amount of spice.
- Add your beans, chopped veggies, meat & avocado if you’re using it and mix together.
NOTE: You can add corn but that will affect your yellow container. Try a mixture of beans and corn to fill that yellow container.