I just discovered Brussels sprouts this year and today I realized they are spelled brusselS sprouts and not brussel sprouts! Learn something new every day. Brussels sprouts are proof that your tastes buds do change over time, I hated them last year. If you haven’t tried them in awhile give them another try but make them yourself and buy fresh not frozen! These can absolutely be messed up and taste mushy, it’s hard to mess them up if you make them yourself and you roast them. These are so simple, delicious and contain lots of vitamin c and K with B vitamins as well (Think folic acid and b6).
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and trim the bottoms of the brussels sprouts.
- I cut in half the small ones and quarter the larger ones
- Throw in 13x 9 inch pan with the EVOO and garlic and stir
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes so they don’t get burnt on the bottom
NOTES: I’ve made these for a week of meals and they reheat just fine in the microwave. They get a little mushier as the week goes on. I sprinkle with salt and pepper before I eat.
21 day fix: 1 green and 1 tsp