This is another easy, vegetarian option that is super flavorful. I’m sure you could add some chicken to make it a complete meal but make sure you add 1 red to the final container cost. I would also suggest not making/mixing this together at the beginning of the week but rather prep everything, keep in separate containers until the morning you’re planning on eating it. I eat this cold.
Greek Couscous Salad
Ingredients- Makes 5 servings
- 1 cup uncooked couscous + water to make it (may vary depending on package, mine said 1 cup water)
- 1 can rinsed/drained great northern beans
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers (1-2 cucumbers)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half
- 3/4 cup Crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Olive oil (5 tsp- 1 tsp per serving)
- Salt, pepper, oregano to taste
If eating right away or within 2 days:
- Add the vinegar, lemon and spices to the chopped vegetables and let soak overnight.
- Fill yellow container with 1/2 serving couscous and 1/2 serving great northern beans, put in container
- Drizzle 1 tsp Olive Oil over couscous and beans
- Top with 1 cup seasoned vegetables and 2 Tbsp (1/2 blue container) crumbed feta cheese
NOTES: I suggest putting it all together right before you eat it or the morning of or night before, store the couscous/beans in your fridge in a separate container from the vegetables. This would also be really good stirred all together and taken to a pot luck! I pair this with plain greek yogurt, drizzled with honey and 1 cup frozen fruit on the side to make a meal of it.
21 day fix: 1 green, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp