These are kid tested and approved! I’m glad I doubled the recipe because Elizabeth gobbled them up and I would not have wanted to share! I was surprised at how delicious these “treats” were! Let me know what you think if you try them.
Banana Pancakes (21 day fix approved)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (1 yellow container)
- 1/2 banana
- 2 eggs
- Dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Optional: Honey or Maple Syrup
- Blend oatmeal until it becomes the consistency of flour- can still be lumpy
- Add the 2 eggs, 1/2 banana and cinnamon and vanilla extract and blend until mixed
- Heat non-stick skillet
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to make pancakes on hot skillet
- Makes 4 pancakes per serving
- Drizzle with 1tsp honey or maple syrup (OPTIONAL)
Elizabeth ate 2 whole pancakes, which is 1/2 the recipe!
21 day fix: 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 red
So, these are perfect to make ahead of time and reheat for a fast breakfast to ease your crazy mornings! They are versatile, you can use any vegetables you like. Have extra vegetables you don’t have planned to use the rest of the week, throw them in!
On the Go Egg Muffins
Makes 12 muffins (3 servings of 4 muffins each)
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups of vegetables (green container) My favorite is tomato and spinach
- Optional: Cheese (add 3 blue containers of cheese)
- Prepare a 12 spot muffin pan with cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- Dice/chop your choice of vegetables. If you’re using frozen cook quickly so you can remove the excess moisture. I didn’t cook the spinach before hand and it was perfect!
- Beat the eggs and add the vegetables to them, add spices if you’d like (southwest seasoning from the 21 day fix recipe book or just a little salt and pepper).
- Pour the egg/veggie mix into the prepared muffin tin pan. This can be tricky, I found it a little easier to spoon the veggies in first and then pour the eggs in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Notes: Cool completely before storing. I divided them into their serving container and stored in the fridge. Re-heat in the microwave for 45 seconds (give or take depending on your microwave). 21 day fix: 1 red, 1 green for 4 muffins.