This was introduced to me by my beautiful sister and it is simply amazing! It’s so filling and tasty that I can’t believe I haven’t thought of it before! You can also cook this on your stove top if you prefer warm oatmeal or have the time 🙂
Coconut Chia Overnight Oats
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk or water)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Shredded unsweetend coconut
- 2 tsp Peanut butter
- t tsp Maple syrup (or more to sweeten)
- Mix all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Store in fridge overnight.
Notes: Store in the fridge and use within 4 days, can be served cold or warm up in the microwave.
21 day fix breakdown: 1 yellow, 1 orange, 2 tsp
So, I’ve tried them before and about gagged when I made them with greek yogurt… way to tart even when I tried to sweeten them up. I stumbled upon a recipe that used almond milk and thought I would give that a shot and while I’m at it why not make it like my favorite no bake cookies! Let me tell you.. these are dangerous! I made them in my salad jars so that’s why it doesn’t look like much, I’d recommend using a smaller mason jar to make them. There’s a lot of freebies in there so this a way to get your chocolate fix without using a treat swap!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- I put the oatmeal in the mason jar first and then mix it with the unsweetened almond milk
- Mix the remaining ingredients and chill in fridge for at least 12 hours/overnight
NOTES: I love this as a grab n’ go breakfast, or as a mid morning snack, I eat it right out of the jar. I usually make in batches of 3 so I don’t know if they last longer than that. I like to eat it cold but you could heat up in the microwave.
21 day fix containers: 1 yellow, 1 tsp
21 day fix freebies: 1 tsp maple syrup is free, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa poweder is free and 4oz of unsweetened almond milk is free) NO TREAT SWAP!!!!!